OSPC - FAQS - Overview of Manitoba Pension Laws


  1. Does The Pension Benefits Act apply to Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security payments?

    No. Both Canada Pension (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) are administered by the federal government. For further information on the CPP and OAS, phone 1-800-277-9914, toll free; or go to the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada website.

  2. Where can I get the Canadian Socio-Economic Information Management System (Statistics Canada) (CANSIM) and the Years Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE)?

    The CANSIM rate is one factor used to calculate the maximum annual withdrawal amounts under the Life Income Fund (LIF). The CANSIM rate used is Series V122487 for the month of November, for preceding the year. To find out the current rate, 1-613-951-8116 in Ottawa; toll free at 1-800-263-1136; or visit the Statistics Canada website.

    You can get the current Year's Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE) by calling 1-613-954-0419 in Ottawa; 1-800-263-1136 toll free; or visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Top of page